CTTF

Canadian Trappers Talk Forum

All content posted is the sole property of the forum member who made the post. Such content shall not be reproduced in anyway without written consent from the individual member who made the post. Any act to do so will be considered copyright infringement.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:43 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:02 am 
Veteran Fur Harvester
Veteran Fur Harvester

Province/State: Quebec
City/Town: Côte-Nord
Yeah, I have a suggestion.
Yesterday, I posted a message. Apparently, somebody did not like one of the terms I used and changed it, without notifing me. :? As far as I know, the term I used is clean and does not (at least, not meant to) offend anybody.
From now on, whoever you are, if you're going to modify one of my messages, I would, at least, appreciate somekind of explanation.

Thankyou.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:31 am 
Veteran Fur Harvester
Veteran Fur Harvester

Province/State: saskatchewan
City/Town: central
Organization Membership: North American Trap Collectors, Ontario Fur Managers, Saskatchewan Trappers, British Columbia Trappers Association, National Trappers Association, Canadian National Trappers Association
I think only moderators can do that

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:00 pm 
Veteran Fur Harvester
Veteran Fur Harvester

lotsofmink wrote:
I think only moderators can do that

I think we all know that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:38 pm 
Veteran Fur Harvester
Veteran Fur Harvester

Province/State: Ontario
City/Town: Gods Country
Organization Membership: none
I agree. Possibly an "edited by moderator" comment surrounding the edited material.
No one likes their material fooled with.

If it is very offensive, then the whole thing can be deleted and I assume some kind of warning would be sent.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:03 pm 
Site Admin

Province/State: NB
City/Town: Southwest
Organization Membership: NBTFHF
"Yeah, I have a suggestion.
Yesterday, I posted a message. Apparently, somebody did not like one of the terms I used and changed it, without notifing me. :? As far as I know, the term I used is clean and does not (at least, not meant to) offend anybody.
From now on, whoever you are, if you're going to modify one of my messages, I would, at least, appreciate somekind of explanation."

Apparently, no explanation is required, by your response, you already know the reason why.

The term may not offend you, but, I can assure your there are people who it does offend. My wife is First Nations, let me tell you, it is one word that is not uttered in my house. She, along with her family members find it very offensive and I am sure others do as well.

The moderators here from time to time may edit a post that may be offensive to others, not in good taste, unethical, foul language etc. Sometimes, the entire post is deleted, sometimes only a single word may be changed. Depending on the severity of the post, members may or may not be contacted in regards to it. Many times it is easier to simply make a small change and not make a big deal of it, and not a word needs to be said.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:14 pm 
Site Admin

Province/State: NB
City/Town: Southwest
Organization Membership: NBTFHF
lookout wrote:
I agree. Possibly an "edited by moderator" comment surrounding the edited material.
No one likes their material fooled with.

Again, many times it is simply easier to make a small change, no attention is drawn to the change and the whole board isn't left scratching their head wondering what was edited in the first place. Why make a mountain out of a mole hill?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:53 pm 
Veteran Fur Harvester
Veteran Fur Harvester

Province/State: saskatchewan
City/Town: central
Organization Membership: North American Trap Collectors, Ontario Fur Managers, Saskatchewan Trappers, British Columbia Trappers Association, National Trappers Association, Canadian National Trappers Association
I agree ranger
On the big forum down south they kick people off quite regular and alot of people have been banned.
Ide like to think that even though we dont always see eye to eye with each other, that we are civilized enough not to make that big deal and just do what needs doing to keep everybody here and happy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:34 am 
Veteran Fur Harvester
Veteran Fur Harvester

I'm sorry.
I'll see to not let that happen, again :|